Recently, data-miners have uncovered information about the first weapon that will be included in the Amazon MMO New World, which was not available at launch. Whether the weapon will be a part of a paid DLC or will be included in a free update, is yet unknown for now. What we do know about the first DLC weapon is that it is called the Void Gauntlet, it will scale primarily off intelligence, and will also gain statistical benefit from the focus attribute as well.
As you can probably tell from these attributes, the Void Gauntlet seems to be aimed at the Life Staff wielders to give them an off-weapon that has some damage-dealing potential and gives another reason to invest in the Focus attribute. Whilst it would seem that perhaps having the weapon scale primarily off Focus would make healers a little overturned in a PvP environment, it will aid their optimization a lot without needing to fully invest in intelligence in the hope of being able to deal any damage whatsoever in either solo or group play for PvP and PvE.
Sources within the development at New World have confirmed that the weapon is indeed going to make its way to New World soon. What does “soon” mean, and what does the timeline for this additional weapon look like? Your guess is as good as mine, as there has been no confirmed exact timeline beyond the soon.
On the flip side of that, we do happen to know a fair bit of information about the healing/damage split weapon in the Void Gauntlet. We know all of the abilities and passives, if not their multipliers just yet.
The Void Gauntlet Skill Trees are referred to as Annihilation and Decay.
- Summon a blade of Void energy that converts your basic attacks to melee. Tap Basic Attack to carry out a fast slash that offers x% weapon damage or hold to perform a thrust attack that deals x% weapon damage.
- Both attacks inflict Disintegrate on successful hits, dealing x% weapon damage per second and lowering damage absorption by x% for x seconds.
- Summon a circle of Void energy at your feet that deals x% weapon damage per second to enemies and grants Empower to friendlies, increasing their damage by x%. x meter radius. Eight-second duration.
- Unleash a Void-infused scream, dealing x% weapon damage and causing Root to enemies 4ms in front of you, disabling their movement for x seconds.
Void Aura (Ultimate)
- On effective ability hit, get a stack of Void Essence. At six stacks, take in all stacks and gain an x meters aura on self that recovers friendlies for x% weapon damage and deals x% weapon damage per second to opponents within. x seconds duration. x seconds cooldown.
- X% damage while listed below x% mana.
- X% Critical Chance while above x% health.
- X% Critical Chance while all capabilities are on cooldown.
- X% Cooldown Reduction on all abilities on Critical Hit.
- Gain Empower when casting capabilities within x meters of an opponent, increasing damage by x% for x seconds.
- Harvest furthermore brings back x endurance per second.
- On Critical Hit, get health equal to x% of damage done.
- X% Cooldown Reduction on all abilities when effectively hitting enemies affected by x or more debuff stacks (can be from various debuffs).
- Fire an unblockable orb that goes through opponents and inflicts Disintegrate, dealing x% weapon damage per second and decreasing damage absorption by x% for x seconds.
- At max range, it changes into a healing orb and returns, recovery friendlies for x% weapon damage per second for x seconds.
- Fire a projectile that tethers you to an enemy, Weakening it and Empowering you by x% per second (x% optimum). The tether ends if the target moves beyond 10m. x seconds period.
- Fire a projectile that inflicts Essence Rupture for x seconds, healing anyone that hits the target for x% of the damage done.
Void Conversion (Ultimate)
- Gain a stack of Void Essence per effective ability hit. At x or more stacks, your next effective heavy attack will quickly reset all Void Gauntlet cooldowns and get rid of all stacks.
- X% Cooldown Reduction on successful light attacks against targets more than x meters away.
- X% Mana when successfully hitting targets with light attacks while all capabilities are on cooldown.
- Mana costs are decreased by x% while above x% Mana.
- Cooldowns are reduced by x% per second while carrying out Harvest.
Every Last Drop
- Effective heavy attacks against opponents below x% health bring back an additional x% of the damage done as health.
- Successful heavy attacks increase the period of your applied, non-crowd control debuffs by x%.
- Evading with full mana resets the lowest active cooldown. X seconds cooldown.
Are you looking forward to the Void Gauntlet? Which weapons would you like to see introduced into New World? Perhaps some dual daggers or pistols!? Let us know!